1/18/13

HAPPY New Year!!  

It feels like it’s been 400 years since I have posted anything out here.  I was planning to get back into the creative mode in November of 2012, but my back had other plans for me.     : (
I started having back issues back in the summer of 2012 after starting a new exercise routine and decided to go to a chiropractor in late September after enduring a lot of pain.  That helped a lot at first, but things started to get worse and in December I decided to go to the Texas Back Institute to see what was wrong and what could be done.   I learned that I have 2 degenerated discs and was told that the first thing to try would be physical therapy and if that doesn’t work, an injection would be the next option.    I’m currently at the end of week 3 in physical therapy and things are going ok. 

I’m not sure how long I will be in therapy, so it may be a while before I get back to painting again.   One thing I was thinking about doing are small gestural paintings from old photos.  I haven’t done any gestural work since 2002, so that may be fun.   Who knows…I may do one this coming weekend.     : )

No comments:

Post a Comment