2019 Art Challenge Completed

Completing goals can be so nourishing for the spirit...  After finishing up the 2019 heart art challenge, I took some time to reflect on the journey.  Before getting into the details, I wanted to post a few of my favorites:





Here are a few of the takeaways I have from the art challenge:

1.  Use colors that aren't standard on your preferred palette.  I crossed some big hurdles by using green in this challenge.   Green is the color of growth, safety, spring, new birth, etc., but I tend to lean towards teals and not the vibrant green greens.   I like green grass and plants, but that's where it ends.  I don't use green in my artwork, so I did it on purpose during the challenge and it was a stretching exercise for sure.  I needed it.  Will I use more green greens in the future?  Maybe.      : )

2.  Set a particular size for the artworks.  In this challenge I used three different sizes of paper:  2.5 x 3.5, 4 x 6, and 6 x 8
At first I thought it would be good for me, but keeping up with the little ones was hard.  I think using one or two sizes would be best.

3.  Get messy.  I let my lines get messy.  It was fun to let go and not be such a perfectionist.  There were jagged edges, sloppy lines, colors that bled through each other, and colors that escaped the sloppy lines.  Messy can be fun.


Will there be another heart art challenge?  Absolutely!  (Details coming soon)


The artworks for this challenge will not be for sale, but the next ones will be.


To see ALL of the 2019 art challenge pics, please go here: https://heartart2019.blogspot.com/










* I try my best to have the photos match the original artworks as exactly as possible, but colors may vary from monitor to monitor.

** All images on this website are © by Michelle McSpadden, and may not be copied or used in any way without expressed written permission **

No comments:

Post a Comment